In this session, I continued working on our semi-fitted jacket pattern, and attempting to draft a two-piece sleeve block.
Today I focused on:
- Adding waist shaping lines to the jacket pattern
- Tracing the armhole curve from the jacket bodice block
- Running into issues with two piece sleeve drafting :(
I decided to stop the demonstration and rework the sleeve drafting on my own first before continuing the teaching. This will allow me to:
- Draft a proper sleeve block I'm confident with
- Then demonstrate the full corrected process in a future session
Apologies for the incomplete demo today. Pattern drafting, especially sleeves, can be quite complex. I want to make sure I fully understand the process before teaching it further. Please stay tuned for a more complete sleeve drafting demo soon!
You need an active subscription to access this content.