Welcome to the Brooke Dress Project!
In this Project, you will be able to develop:
- Kimono Sleeve Bodice foundation
- Dolman Sleeve Torso foundation
- Batwing Sleeve Torso Foundation for Jersey
- Half Circle or Full Circle Skirt Pattern
Debbie Dress Description
- Sleeve V neck bodice attached to Half or Full Circle Skirt with side pockets,
- It has an Invisible zipper attached to the center back of the dress. Dress has a drawstring waist casing with a self fabric belt. You can also add elastic instead if you desire.
- The bodice neckline is faced with self fabric, spaghetti strings attached to the neckline for the look and to close the front neck when needed, visible seams all french seamed.
- Sleeves have lining with self fabric.
- The finishing of the skirt includes, french seam, pockets are bias binded, the skirt finished with baby hem.
Debbie Dolman Sleeve Blouse
- Round neck
- Semi Relaxed fit
- Three Quarter Sleeve length
- Length: 1” above Hip
- Fabric Used: Mid-weight 100% silk, Crepe back Satin
- Details: Semi Relaxed fit with dolman sleeves starting from above the waist point. Bias binded neckline with slit and button. Used French Seam on all visible seams, bias binds around the neckline, sleeve and hem.
Debbie Batwing Jersey Top
- Boat Neck
- Relaxed Fit
- Long Sleeve
- Length: Hipline
- Fabric: Lightweight 4 way stretch Rayon Jersey (2 way stretch works too)
- Details: Neckline, sleeves are self fabric binded, bottom of the top is coverstitched
Technique of Construction
- Drafting first on pattern paper
- Sample cutting and fitting on dress form
- Correcting patterns and turning into Debbie Dress Pattern.
FABRICS & Materials
- For kimono Bodice Foundation Sample fit, 1 yard
- For Dolman Sleeve Foundation Sample Fit 1 ¼ yard
- For Batwing Foundation Sample Fit 1 ½ Yard (Jersey)
- For Half Circle Skirt sample fit. 2 yards
- For Full Circle Skirt Sample fit 4 yards
Final Fabrics & Materials
- Skirt: I used lightweight 100% silk Charmeuse with Ombre print
- Bodice: I used 100% Silk matte Satin, with original Etro design print (Etro is a Luxe Italian Brand)
- Fabrics all purchased from Mood Fabrics Los Angeles. It is also available online.
- 8” invisible zipper, small size hook and eyes, 7 yards of Silk Habotai Bias Strips
- PRO-SHEER (Lightweight) Elegance COUTURE Fusible Interfacing
- Gütermann 100% Polyester all purpose thread in colors of the fabric used
- Mid size beads attached to the strings of the bodice
Fabrics that Can be Used for all Debbie Project Pieces
For more draped look : Any content Polyester or Silk, Satin, Charmeuse, Crepe, Georgette, Chiffon, Crépe de Chine, Polyester or Silk Gauze, Crepe Back Satin
Fore more Bodied look: Lightweight Linen, Silk Twill, Silk Organza, Cotton Seersucker, Cotton Batiste, Eyelet Cotton, Poplin, Lightweight Denim, Lightweight Brocade,
For a more draped look: Lightweight, mid-weight Interlock, 2 way stretch, silk, rayon, viscose lightweight Jersey, single jerseys, or lightweight double jersey, Micro Modal, Bamboo
For a more bodied look: Lightweight Jacquard jersey, double jersey. Punto Roma.
(P.S. These project videos have been applied to Woven fabric. If you decide to apply to Jersey and have questions, please ask during Live Q&A Sessions)