SIGN UP TO
You need to be a Draping Society member to view this video.
Welcome to the Debbie Dress Project!
In this Project, you will be able to develop:
* Kimono Sleeve Bodice foundation,
* Dolman Sleeve Torso foundation
* Batwing Sleeve Torso Foundation for Jersey.
* Half Circle or Full Circle Skirt Pattern
* Sleeve V neck bodice attached to Half or Full Circle Skirt with side pockets,
* It has an Invisible zipper attached to the center back of the dress.
* Dress has a drawstring waist casing with a self fabric belt. You can also add elastic instead if you desire.
* The bodice neckline is faced with self fabric, spaghetti strings attached to the neckline for the look and to close the front neck when needed, visible seams all french seamed.
* Sleeves have lining with self fabric.
* The finishing of the skirt includes, french seam, pockets are bias binded, the skirt finished with baby hem.
Debbie Dolman Sleeve Blouse
* Round neck
* Semi Relaxed fit
* Three Quarter Sleeve length
* Length: 1” above Hip
* Fabric Used: Mid-weight 100% silk, Crepe back Satin
* Details: Semi Relaxed fit with dolman sleeves starting from above the waist point. Bias binded neckline with slit and button. Used French Seam on all visible seams, bias binds around the neckline, sleeve and hem.
Debbie Batwing Jersey Top
* Boat Neck
* Relaxed Fit
* Long Sleeve
* Length: Hipline
* Fabric: Lightweight 4 way stretch Rayon Jersey (2 way stretch works too)
* Details: Neckline, sleeves are self fabric binded, bottom of the top is cover-stitched
Technique of Construction
* Drafting first on pattern paper
* Sample cutting and fitting on dress form
* Correcting patterns and turning into Debbie Dress Pattern.