SIGN UP TO
You need to be a Draping Society member to view this course.
Welcome to the Charlie Dress Project!
In this Project, you’ll learn:
A Creatively asymmetrical drape technique that you can apply to:
And you’ll Drape, draft, and apply the same technique to develop the Charlie Dress.
Charlie Dress Description:
* Empire halter top jersey dress attached to asymmetrical draped skirt
* Keyhole back design with adjustable back neck ties
* Fully lined without visible raw seams
* No fastening or zipper, easy to pull on and wear
Technique and Construction
* Draping on stand with Jersey for bodice, turn in into a paper pattern
* Drafting and applying creative cutting technique to skirt
* Drafting and applying creative cutting technique to a top, and sleeve
* To sew the dress, I used serger/ Overlock machine