In this week's session, I continued working on the semi-fitted jacket project by demonstrating how to draft a basic sleeve block from scratch.
Today I focused on:
- Measuring the armhole and desired sleeve length
- Step-by-step drafting the sleeve onto paper using measurements
- Marking balance points and shaping the sleeve cap
- Drawing the elbow line and narrowing the wrist
- Adding seam allowance
In the coming weeks I will sew a muslin of the drafted sleeve with the jacket bodice to test the fit. We will:
- Assess the ease and fullness of the sleeve head
- Check the shoulder and armhole fit
- Decide if changes are needed to the drafted sleeve block
- Demonstrate converting the sleeve to two pieces on a dress form
You need an active subscription to access this content.