Welcome to the Amanda Jacket Project!
This is a stylish jacket that is cozy, easy to wear, and looks great over a dress or with jeans and a tee.
Amanda Jacket Description:
- Red Boucle shawl draped neckline jacket
- Loose fit front, semi-fitted back, shoulder and sleeves
- Open front
- Long sleeve,
- Jacket is finished with Hong Kong, and Bias bound seams
- Different decorative finishings are discussed and shown in the project
- Draping with muslin over dress form, unique size 14 (not Standard US Sizing)
- Turning into sewing pattern
- Fabric properties discussed and shown
- Cutting fabric
- Finishing options for this type of fabric shown with samples and sewing instructions
- Silk bias strips cut
- Bias binding edges and seams,
- Jacket sewn and finished with Hong Kong seams and bias binding
- In the end, the Amanda Dress was styled with the jacket
Approximately you need 2 to 2 ½” yards of fabric for this project, depending on the length of your choosing and the width of your fabric.
2 and 2 ½” of muslin for draping
My fabric: Viscose and wool blend woven Bouclé, (no stretch) , with lightweight Silk Habotai bias bindings
Fabrics that can be used:
Any fabric that has a good drape, meaning it is flowy, hangs and moves in a fluid, body-skimming manner.
Mid-weight or heavyweight wool Crepe, mid-weight or heavyweight Interlock knit or woven, mid-weight viscose or Rayon Jersey, Stretchy wool, cashmere Gabardine (check for the drape), Wool, viscose knit or Jersey, lightweight leather body, knit sleeves (or leather sleeves), lightweight suede, French Terry, double face fleece,